Wednesday, November 29, 2006

2001 Sea Ridge Pinot Noir

This is a great everyday drinker. At $5.99/bottle (yes, $5.99, I bought it for under $50.00 a case), you will be amazed at just how good this wine is. Pinot Noir is generally better with a slight chill to it, so do not serve this at room temperature. Either chill it slightly (or, if you keep your wine in a cellar/wine refrigerator, then right out of the cooler) you'll immediately taste cherry and strawberry. I'm drinking a bottle right now. It pairs very nicely with the chicken dishes, fish (especially Salmon and Butter Fish (Alaskan Black Cod). It has surprising legs and finish. I highly recommend this wine.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Mike,

If by "great everyday drinker" you mean "cheap plonk" then I could not agree with you more. I detected more smoke than cherries, but we can agree to disagree. Maybe I'll trade you a few of the bottles of this that I have left for some of that Mollydooker?

You were spot-on with the Mollydooker review -- what a super, bold, jammy enjoyable wine that is. We served it at Thanksgiving to rave reviews.

Looking forward to seeing your "how to fry a turkey" article -- hope you follow it up with "how to make a Tur-Duck-En."

Keep up the good work!