Saturday, December 2, 2006

Review of Amazing Wine to Come Tomorrow...Depending


We're going out with friends tonite (including my VC friend who I playfully slam in my About section). We're going to a great little restaurant in the South End of Boston which has a good wine list, but also allows BYO. I'm bringing 2 bottles, a Ch. Clerc Milon and a Ch. Grand Mayne.

The Grand Mayne is a Saint-Emilion (from the Right Bank. Right Bank wines generally are Merlot heavy. Remember, if you don't like American merlot (remember, Sideways), try a wine from this region of France. French merlot is an entirely wine than it's American cousin. This maybe the area that produces the most famous French red wines) Grand Cru and the Grand Mayne is a Pauillac (these wines are known for their full-bodied luxurious style and is the part of Bourdeaux where my favorite French wines come from) Grand Cru Classe. Left Bank wines are predominantly made with Cabernet Sauvignon, which I like, although I am told that a good right bank wine will cellar better than a left bank. In any event, depending on my brain function tomorrow (and my son's hockey schedule), I'll let you know my thoughts.

By the way, you can buy these more expensive wines at shops now for "bargain" prices because many shops are trying to get rid of older stock in favor of the futures and other that have or will be arriving in the coming months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog. Thank you.